Saturday, February 3, 2007

hello again

you guys are ravenous so i figured i'd do another update :) i'm at the internet cafe. i paid for 30 minutes but they only gave me 26...hmm...i'd complain if i could think of what i wanted to say in russian.

yes, it is difficult to speak russian haha. there've definitely been some issues. for example, stores like you to give them as exact change as possible. so if you have to pay 450 rubles and you give them a 1000 ruble note, they get annoyed. and sometimes semi-refuse it or just get angry.

today we rode the metro and also saw the typical tourist-y things, like the kremlin, st. basil's, and red square. very, very pretty. i didn't take pics because my camera was dead but i'm sure we'll be back, so i'm not worried.

then jordana and i had our first adventure in cooking...we made potatoes and put some of my american cheese on them. it was actually quite good. stuart got to go out to a ukrainian restaurant :)

today at the mall by red square we ate at sbarro, haha. the pizza wasn't that good, but i figure russia's not really known for its pizza so it's alright.

i keep waking up around 3 or 4 and having problems going to sleep. it's nice though because i can call people back home, since it's only early evening for them. :) i am trying (in vain) to save money though. the calls are relatively cheap...to the US, only about 3.5 rubles a minute. really not a bad deal.

anyway i hope you're all doing well, i miss you of course.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun!!! :-) You're doing good so far keeping us updated!! I miss you and hope you continue to enjoy russia!

Anonymous said...

thanks for calling me yesterday! it was a nice suprise :)..have a nice and fun day on ur first day of school!! take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi darling!!!! I miss you. I'm glad you made it safely :) I was looking through my myspace today and completely forgot that I do have a picture of Brie wearing the outfit...it's under my pictures. I'll take another one though with the hat on :) Take care. And I can totally relate with how hard it is to speak a language when you're in the country. When I first got to France I was completely overwhelemed at how FAST they talked.

Anonymous said...

i thought about you yesterday and thought " i should really check her russia blog" its weird for me not to see you on xanga. im cutting my protected list again. its falling apart. xanga that is. lol. miss you!!

Anonymous said...

wooo American cheese! I'm glad you are truly immersing yourself in Russian life ;)

I miss you!!