Friday, April 27, 2007

heading home

so i am going home tomorrow! i took all my final exams and got my grades (all As, which apparently isn't that exciting because it's very hard NOT to get all As).

i've had a cold this week and it has led me to a very interesting observation. apparently, in russia, having a cold is quite possible the worst. thing. ever. example: i didn't go to some of my classes since i just had to take finals, and i was feeling really awful. i told my phoenetics teacher that i was sick and she said, "do you have a fever? you look like you do." and my grammar teacher told me not to come to class the next day if i was still sick...keep in mind i had an exam (my final exam) that next day. later i was in my room and i walked out to the fridge to get some juice, and i met up with our housekeeper. she heard my voice and knew i was sick and said, "don't drink anything cold! drink hot milk with honey! WITH HONEY!" i went to my mass media class the next day and my professor said "i heard you were sick" (were they all talking about me?) and she didn't make me take my test! my grammar teacher met up with me on the way to the store and told me to buy medicine...i went to the pharmacy but i couldn't understand all the different medicines (seriously, there is medicine for EVERYTHING). later she asked me what i got and i said "i didn't understand anything." and she got mad at me, saying "you need to get better! ask an american student!"

all in all it was an interesting week, especially because in the US there's more of a "suck it up" attitude in terms of cold.

yesterday i went to the canadian embassy. as i was leaving the dorm i met up with my phoenetics teacher (olga ivanovna) and she gave me this stone in the shape of cheburashka (russian cartoon character) that's supposed to keep me safe on the plane and bring me happiness in love. quite possibly one of the sweetest gifts ever. i'll have to post a picture.

anyway i can't wait to be back home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww... that is a really sweet present. It's always the little things in life that bring us the most joy and touch our hearts the greatest. Have a safe flight!
-Celia

Anonymous said...

computer repair NYC service New york city - computer repair New York City, computer Service New York, Computer Repair NYC, computer repair New York City, computer Service New York, Computer Repair NYC

web design New York, web design Philadelphia - web design New York, web design Philadelphia, web design New
York, web design Philadelphia, web design New York, web design Philadelphia, web design New York, web design Philadelphia, web design New York, web design
Philadelphia

WELCOME TO INDIA - The people of India have had a continuous civilization
since 2500 B.C., when the inhabitants of the Indus River valley developed an urban culture based on commerce and sustained by agricultural trade

Web design India and web designer India - Professional web site designer. Go for Custom web site design at affordable price
And be unique. Leading web site company in India. Seo services.

SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION

Michealene said...

Hi Caitlin---Thanks for finding me on here---Hope everything is well with you! Talk to ya soon<3 MS

jlc said...

Just found your blog via Sara!

Looking forward to reading more when you get back! Safe travels!!!

Hope you don't mind if I tag along. :)