Saturday, March 10, 2007

saturday

so thursday was international women's day, which in russia means a day off from school and work! that was quite nice. we chilled out all day and did nothing, it was beautiful.

the weather here has been really nice...getting warmer so we don't need hats/gloves/scarves. it's very nice, though the metro is very warm.

yesterday we went to two art museums, the pushkin and then the gallery of european and american art of the 19th-20th centuries. we saw some pretty famous works so that was nice. van gogh, rembrant, renoir, matisse. good times. on the way we were on the metro and my arm got slammed in the metro door (the doors here, by the way, do NOT automatically open upon hitting something). that hurt a lot actually, and i was kind of happy that nobody around me spoke english because i probably said some things that would offend the casual english-speaking listener. haha. jordana and stuart laughed at me afterward.

today seems like it'll be a pretty chill day as well. i didn't do anything last night because i think i'm getting sick, but we'll see what happens. i probably should do some homework, but we'll see how much actually gets done! :)

10 comments:

Dash said...

I remember when I was in Japan me and two of my friends were in an elevator, and when one of my friends tried to get off the doors slammed and caught his backpack, and he was hurdled backwards, since he was moving away from it. It was pretty freaking hilarious.

Anonymous said...

dont get sick!! :)miss and love yoU!

Anonymous said...

hey :) yay for no classes!!! thats cool that you saw all those art works...i'm not really into art but those famous paintings im sure would be awesome to see. i'm sorry about your arm..ouch!! i hope you're not getting sick...and i hope you have a great week!!

<3 holly

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Spring is trying to arrive in Russia as well. Pretty nice here today, 46 degrees at noon. Lots of mud!!

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not anonymous, it's Chris!

Anonymous said...

oh no! I hope you don't get sick... Miss ya!
-Celia

Anonymous said...

what the hell?! lol i've never even heard of that day!!! i vote we celebrate it in the US too!!

i bet those art museums were a lot of fun! i want to go to one!!

boo for getting your arm slammed in the door! haha i think i would have liked to have been there though...i believe i would have been laughing at the obsenities coming out of your mouth. mainly cuz most of those people wouldn't have known what you were saying...and i would have. = )

Jessica said...

Hey Lady! I got your phone message today!!! I was so happy but sad cause I missed you! Hope to hear from you sometime soon again :)
-Jessica

Anonymous said...

It was great getting to hear from you, what a story ( with ur arm getting stuck!) And the reception was amazing, I was impressed all the way from Russia. Too bad there isnt that kind of reception in Iraq. Well Im thinking of you, hope you have a great week!

<3 bethany

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment on my xanga :)

<3 holly